Saturday, October 14, 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to be a manager? Any good sources for learning how to delegate?

Ask HN: How to be a manager? Any good sources for learning how to delegate?
54 by r_singh | 26 comments on Hacker News.
Hi all, hope you are having a good weekend. I have been a solo dev / indie hacker for a few (many?) years until recently when I added 2 people to my team (one engineer and one for marketing). Initially when adding them to my team I was kind of relieved that they would solve certain problems for me however after a few weeks I learnt while they do what I ask of them they also create new problems for me and I need to prepare a lot more which leaves less time to work solo. My impulsive thought at first was that maybe I should go back to being solo but soon I realised that I enjoy working solo and don’t really know how to be a manager or how to delegate. Has anyone here faced something similar? How did you learn to become a manager? I would really appreciate if you could point me to some good sources books videos courses any material that could give me a good 101 on being a manager and delegating work / using Human Resources, also using positive approach whilst giving feedback. Also, do you have any heuristics you use to measure your effectiveness at delegating? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment